[ExI] Why stop at glutamate?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 19:38:32 UTC 2023

In Physics gravity is considered a negative form of energy (potential) and
kinetic energy is positive. These 2 seem to cancel perfectly out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-energy_universe#:~:text=The%20zero%2Denergy%20universe%20hypothesis,in%20the%20form%20of%20gravity
.

Energy and information are strongly related, so yes, one can consider the
idea of negative information. Jason gave some hints about this but also the
idea of anti-particle can be considered a type of anti-information. There
is a way to think about anti-particle where they are holes in a field, so
something absent in a continuum instead of something present with opposite
properties to matter.

But there are a lot of clues that the universe comes from nothing. To me
this is a solution to all the theological problems. There is no god,
because god was not necessary to create the universe. God is complex, the
universe was simple at the beginning so simple to be literally nothing.

Besides the total energy of the universe is zero there are other clues that
the Universe came from nothing. Consider Noether's theorem. It basically
states that the symmetry we find in nature, like the fact the world doesn't
change if we go left to right, or if we reverse time like a in a movie (the
laws stay the same) give rise to all the conservation laws of physics like
conservation of momentum, angular momentum, energy and so on.
All physics can be rewritten as conservation laws.
There is incredible symmetry in the universe. It is not just in the
macroscopic world but at the QM level. Other esoteric laws like
conservation of charge, conservation of Lepton charge and so on are also
explained as symmetries. In fact symmetry is used as a tool to unify
the different forces of nature and show there is basically one force. We
have succeeded to unify basically 3 of them (EM, weak and strong) and we
are still struggling to unify gravity.
Why so much symmetry?
Think about it, what is the most symmetric entity possible?
Nothing.

And this is why there is zero energy in the universe, the universe is flat
overall, we have perfect conservation laws, and mind-blowing symmetries all
the way down.
A good book to contemplate on these ideas is:

https://www.amazon.com/Universe-Nothing-There-Something-Rather/dp/1451624468

It is a well-known fact among physicists and notwithstanding attempts like
the above to popularize the idea so few non physicists grasp it. Here we
are discussing referents when the entire universe came from nothing. If you
can do it with the entire freaking universe you can do it with anything
else.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 5:52 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <