[ExI] permanent changes

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 20:53:01 UTC 2023

Think of your mood/emotion regulation (mood being a slight emotion - a
slight feeling being a micromood) as like a thermostat that keeps you from
getting too far either way.  Sometimes it loses control and we go out of
control in a rage or a rape.  But it will return to its set place if
nothing is happening to create a mood or emotion.

There are statistics and then there are statistics.  Who imagined that the
number of muscles involved had anything to do with anything?

In a duh your jaw would be hanging down and you would truly look like the
village idiot.

As an aside:  people are very poor at knowing how tense they are.  Measure
the tenseness in the neck muscles and ask the person how tense they are:
poor correlation.  Usually more tense than they report.  (for tenseness try
the Jacobson relaxation technique - works well for stress and for going to
sleep if you have difficulty with that).

No charge for the advice.   bill w

On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 1:46 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <