[ExI] Why stop at glutamate?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 21:39:44 UTC 2023

*I just wish people with these kinds of "qualities arise from <whatever>"
theories would explicitly acknowledge (instead of ignoring), what everyone
knows absolutely, that color qualities are real, and then provide some
example of some kind of "function" or some configuration of parts, the sum
total of which could be pointed to and say: "THAT  is redness."  at least
in a way that would pass the laugh test?*We have done this multiple times.
We have shown papers where "redness" or color perception of any kind is
understood as a complex interplay between several regions of the visual
cortex that involve integration, exchange, recursion, and comparison
between many areas and layers of the brain.
This is the current understanding of neuroscience about redness, it is not
the simple thing you claim it is.
Brent, given we have already shown you that is what the scientific evidence
demonstrates about redness, why do you still insist is some "quality" that
is just some vague term that means nothing? Also, can you explain once and
forever what you mean by "computationally bound"? There is such a term in
computer science but it seems that the established term is not what you
mean.

Giovanni