[ExI] Why stop at glutamate?

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 03:03:01 UTC 2023

> I just wish people with these kinds of "qualities arise from <whatever>"  theories would explicitly acknowledge (instead of ignoring), what everyone knows absolutely, that color qualities are real, and then provide some example of some kind of "function" or some configuration of parts, the sum total of which could be pointed to and say: "THAT  is redness."  at least in a way that would pass the laugh test?

The particle interactions that occur in the brain can be represented as a graph and analyzed within the language of graph theory. Take a brain over some time interval and build a computation graph of all the particle interactions that occur within the brain over that time period. According to my theory there is a subgraph within that graph that corresponds to that person’s experience of redness. Whenever the person experiences redness that subgraph is present. Build a computation graph of a different person. Whenever the new person experiences the same color qualia the same subgraph is present within the total interaction graph. Commonality of experience is simply the set of subgraphs that are common. Which subgraphs correspond to particular experiences must be experimentally determined.

Particle interaction graphs are not arbitrary like codes. They are physically grounded, objectively determined, and do not necessarily depend on the specific types of particles involved, which implies a form of substrate independence.

Many of us have provided numerous examples and explanations. I am perplexed at your disregard.