[ExI] Why stop at glutamate?

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Fri Apr 14 18:52:43 UTC 2023

OK, we've established that Brent believes in 'physical properties' in
the brain, but can't explain what they are, and that Gordon believes in
'referents' for words being physical objects, and can't explain how we
know what Smaug is.

We've also established that neither will budge from their position, and
constantly ignore any attempts to explain logically how those positions
must be false.

For all the talk of 'falsifiable hypotheses', there seems to be little
enthusiasm for abandoning them when they are actually falsified.

The only end to these arguments will come through exhaustion or boredom.
I see no possibility of an actual resolution.

Ben