[ExI] Why stop at glutamate?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 20:00:22 UTC 2023

Or Gordon repeating GPT-4 has no meaning for the word apple when it came up
by itself in saying we can use the indent of an apple as a way to
distinguish an apple from a pear. Then it draws pears, and bowls (using 2
different ellipses one above the other to give the illusion of a rim), it
knows where to apply the eyes of a person, and hair, it can draw little
cute puppies. Or an AI and human exchanging a brain. All this without any
visual training and relying on the internal representation of these
objects. But Gordon insists on GPT-4 has no understanding as if it was a
mantra.
Giovanni

On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 11:54 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <