[ExI] Uploads on a Postcard

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 14:40:42 UTC 2023

>  It should be no surprise that the workings of the mind would be
fundamentally simple. It must be simple enough to encode on DNA

The general template is always fundamentally simple. After all, we know
what shape a humerus is -- but we don't know what shape any individual
humerus is, before we look at it.

In the same way, the general template of a human mind is simple. You create
these things, which connect in this way, and then this structure emerges,
and so on. But those general principles, and the overarching structure
created, while fundamentally similar, are not the same. Twins raised
separately are shockingly similar, but the difference between their lived
experiences and their memories are unlikely to be very, very close.

Unless I'm misunderstanding and you're saying will fit on a data card with
the storage capacity of DNA which is the size of a postcard. In which case
I'm sure that's true.

On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 12:34 AM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <