[ExI] Against the paperclip maximizer or why I am cautiously optimistic

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 05:48:11 UTC 2023

On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 6:09 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <

> All good points, I agree at some point we won't be in the driver's seat so
> it may be moot from our planning perspective. The last two science fiction
> stories I have read (Culture series and Hyperion)

### It's a pity Iain Banks died, the Culture novels are great. I read
Hyperion so many years ago.... very hazy.

It's only recently though that I found out the meaning of the word
"shrike". When I first read the Hyperion books I thought it was just a
random neologism and its meaning within the story eluded me.

Rafal