[ExI] e: GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 16 20:20:55 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat

>...You don't need a Bing account.
Just go to Bing.com/Create and click on Join & Create to log into your
Microsoft account to access the image generator.
If you don't have a Microsoft account, just create one.
I typed 'helicopter' into the image request and it produced four pictures of
helicopters.
I think you are supposed to give a more complicated request.  :)

BillK

Thx BillK, I meant can it draw a helicopter, analogous to what Giovanni was
doing with the apple experiment.  Those are two completely different
experiments.  Giovanni what software did you use to get those apple/plate
drawings please?