[ExI] all we are is just llms was: RE: e: GPT-4 on its inability to solve the symbol grounding problem

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:35:14 UTC 2023

I doubt dust blowing in the wind is computationally bound.
And the dust which I am made of has phenomenal qualities like redness,
greenness, physical attraction, physical desires, and so on.
Far more phenomenal than mere abstract words like 'red' that require a
dictionary or attractions that require programmed specifications, all of
which aren't like anything.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 8:58 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <