[ExI] Reading Through The Archives

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:36:44 UTC 2023

I remember, a few times, people from the list have been exasperated about
some of the newer members "rehashing issues we already decided on years
ago" and that everyone should search the archives first.

The archives are 20 years of plaintext files available by the month the
were written -- exactly as written -- so that includes every quote, every
quoted quote, and every quoted quoted quote, all the way down.

Is there some reasonable way to fuzzy keyword search over 200 files, each
containing hundreds of emails, to see what the list has said before about a
topic? Is there an easy way to feed them into a database so they'll be
separated out into separate files, then fuzzy search through that?

Otherwise, do you have any recommendations on how to split the files with a
script to make them easier to read?

And do you think we could train ChatGPT to write emails the way Spike does?
:lol:

--
SR Ballard