[ExI] all we are is just llms

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 23:33:17 UTC 2023

*The statement "referents are made of language" is simply false on the
definition of referent*
Gordon,
Which definition? The linguist one?
Linguistics is obsolete, in particular at the theoretical level. It is a
humanity discipline that tries to make sense of language with tools that
are not adequate. In other words, is not a science. It is worst than
psychology.
We need to develop a scientific form of linguistics and this will require
education in math, physics, and computer science.
We have tried many times to tell you that the link between things is the
referent. I can make a new definition of what reference is (the close loop
representing relations between objects) and then explain that what people
identify as referents in human language have exactly this characteristic
and as we explained to you the idea that human language referents are
"anchored" to an object is a useful convention but in reality is an
illusion.
I'm pretty sure the statement above points to this illusion that you
continue to say is what grounds language.

On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 4:55 AM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <