[ExI] all we are is just llms

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 03:00:37 UTC 2023

Established by what or whom? Other linguists?
You didn't show me 2+2=4 or the equivalent, on the contrary, you are
repeating some dogmatic position based on some obsolete understanding of
language. It is not just my half-baked theories but how people that deal
with higher forms of language like mathematics and programming on a
professional level see clearly how language works and try to explain to you
over and over.
I think a lot of the resistance from linguists like Berger is exactly that
these LLMs are going to make us re-think how language works and what
intelligence and understanding mean.

On top of everything I think people are entrenched in some positions
because of their worldview and not because they want to understand the
truth about the topic.