[ExI] all we are is just llms

Gordon Swobe gordon.swobe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 00:28:47 UTC 2023

On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 5:35 PM Giovanni Santostasi via extropy-chat <

Linguistics is obsolete... We need to develop a scientific form of
> linguistics...

This is typical of all your arguments, Giovanni, and why I no longer take
you seriously. If I showed you evidence that because 2+2=4, GPT-4 is
unconscious just as it claims to be, you would probably tell me that
mathematics is obsolete and try to replace it with some half-baked theory
of your own to replace mathematics. just as you want to do now with
the well-established science of linguistics.

-gts