[ExI] all we are is just llms

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Apr 23 06:04:07 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Jason Resch via extropy-chat
…

>…Imagine we took GPT-4 back to 1980 or 1960. Is there any doubt people of that time (including AI researchers) would consider GPT-4 an AGI?  Jason

…

Jason that question demonstrates how far we have been able to move the AI goalposts since those benighted days.  Had you showed us GPT-4 in 1980, we would have unanimously called it artificial intelligence at or above human level.  I was there, I remember.  We have moved the goalposts so far, we couldn’t even see the original goalpost site given the Hubble space telescope.