[ExI] ExI] Just Running ChatGPT Is Costing OpenAI a Staggering Sum Every Single Day

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Mon Apr 24 11:37:26 UTC 2023

On 24/04/2023 00:39, BillK wrote:
> ... OpenAI paying up to $700,000 a day ...

Well, so what? I earn up to £1,000,000 a day.

But what's actually important is not 'up to', but 'from'. 'Up to'
establishes an upper bound, but doesn't tell anybody what they are
actually paying. In the absence of an exact amount that they do pay (or
I earn), 'From' is much more useful, and honest. 'Between' would be even
better.

Are people really stupid, or do marketers and journalists just think
they are stupid? I will send up to £1000 to each person who can answer
this question.

Ben