[ExI] Cosmology - The Great Attractor Explained

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 13:01:56 UTC 2023

The Universe sucks: The mysterious Great Attractor that’s pulling us in.
We're headed toward something we can't clearly see—and we'll never get there.
Paul Sutter - 4/24/2023

<https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/04/the-universe-sucks-the-mysterious-great-attractor-thats-pulling-us-in/>

Quote:
Our Milky Way galaxy is speeding through the emptiness of space at 600
kilometers per second, headed toward something we cannot clearly see.
The focal point of that movement is the Great Attractor, the product
of billions of years of cosmic evolution. But we'll never reach our
destination because, in a few billion years, the accelerating force of
dark energy will tear the Universe apart.