[ExI] matrioshka brains again, was: RE: Symbol Grounding

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 16:17:01 UTC 2023

I have been throwing rocks at this concept since Perry Metzger came up
with it.  (I found the original post and my response on a floppy
disk.)  There are two reasons it fails, heat sinking and distance
(speed of light) that slows computers to a crawl.  Despite my low
opinion of the idea, I got tagged as having originated it.

Keith

On Sun, Apr 23, 2023 at 10:14 PM spike jones via extropy-chat