[ExI] all we are is just llms

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 20:51:17 UTC 2023

*One uses an abstract code for red, which isn't red, like this one:  "RED"
Since it isn't red, you need a dictionary to know what it is a code for.*
*The other one uses your knowledge of  [image: red_border.png], which is
redness, not a code for redness.  The quality of your knowledge of
 [image: red_border.png]  is your definition of "*RED*"*

BRENT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN TERMS OF WHAT THE CODE IS MADE OF ! IT IS
STILL SPIKING NEURONS WHEN YOU SAY "RED" AND WHEN YOU PERCEIVE [image:
red_border.png]. THEY ARE BOTH MADE OF THE SAME STUFF, SPIKING ELECTRICAL
PULSES !
Yes, I'm screaming.
*[image: red_border.png] *IS A CODE FOR REDNESS. IT IS. THE BRAIN ONLY USES
SPIKES OF ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY TO UNDERSTAND THE WORLD.

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 9:44 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <