[ExI] all we are is just llms

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 21:01:28 UTC 2023

Brent,
To you the [image: red_border.png] is mysterious but "RED" is not. They are
both mysterious. I hear the word RED and I react to it, I have associations
in my mind relative to this word, different objects I consider colored in
red, memories, experiences, and emotions.
Why *[image: red_border.png] *is more mysterious than "RED"?
The brain created this phenomenon of consciousness and I get it it is
weird, it is amazing that we are aware of ourselves. But your quest of
finding the secret of consciousness by being fixated on  *[image:
red_border.png] *is really misplaced. *[image: red_border.png] *is not less
complicated, less indirect, less codelike than "RED". It is not even more
subjective given you don't know what "RED" means to me less than what [image:
red_border.png] means to me. Also what *[image: red_border.png]* means to
me is basically almost irrelevant to understand what consciousness is.

Giovanni