[ExI] communication

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 15:14:28 UTC 2023

> In classical conditionings, when a bell rings, the dog salivates.  Is this communication?  Or symbolic grounding or some such?

I am growing increasingly weary of all these hazy word games. One can define language and communication in many different nonequivalent ways. The reality is in the physics, yet some of us are completely ignoring physics and instead engaging in philosophical semantic masturbation.

I wish we would purge vague terms such as “understanding”, “qualia”, and so on in favor of objective language.