[ExI] communication

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 16:51:11 UTC 2023

Any non-structured sound or utterance can indeed be meaningful
communication, where the meaning is embedded in the environmental context.

However, a real meaningful threshold was crossed when the primate
linguistic cortex became capable of learning and expressing fully recursive
grammars. That's where language became Turing complete (modulo memory
capacity).

On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 10:13 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <