[ExI] all we are is just llms

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 22:40:44 UTC 2023

Hi Ben and Jason,
Can we all read this article and make sense of it? It seems very relevant
to the discussion. I love this idea of "semiotic physics". I talked to
Umberto Eco when I was a student in Bologna about this exact idea even if
it was very vague in my head at that time. Eco was very encouraging but I
never was able to spend time on it. I think this could be a great tool to
understand LLMs.

https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/TTn6vTcZ3szBctvgb/simulators-seminar-sequence-2-semiotic-physics-revamped?fbclid=IwAR3AtV49lmoyF7F8imCwiN0XCdKJ84LIfX8ZeUyuWRGiDBM1qxupX-Lwweo

Giovanni

On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 1:06 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <