[ExI] Symbol Grounding

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Wed Apr 26 16:30:50 UTC 2023

It seems to me that the differences of opinion here have a deeper cause
than any mentioned.

It's a conflict about which general approach we should take to
investigate how the mind works: The scientific method, or pre-scientific
ideas such as intuition and philosophical debate.

I notice that I never did get any reply from Gordon on my question
whether he agreed that spike trains are the language of the brain.
Almost as if he was simply ignoring the matter, regarding the foundation
of all brain activity as being irrelevant to how it works.

Ben