[ExI] another open letter, but this one may be smarter than the previous one

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Fri Apr 28 07:38:13 UTC 2023

Hmm.

Comes across as another "fund us, if you want to save the world" effort.
I think that 'consciousness research' is unlikely to actually get
anywhere in establishing what consciousness even is, never mind being
any use in changing - what, exactly? What do they hope to change? Not clear.

If there are so many competing theories about consciousness, this looks
like a recipe for funding a big pie-throwing contest. Imagine proposing
bringing together all the worlds religions in an attempt to decide just
who is this god person, really? Yeah, that's going to work.

Ok, at least we know there is such a thing as consciousness. Don't we?

Ben