[ExI] another open letter, but this one may be smarter than the previous one

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Apr 30 09:29:15 UTC 2023

On 29/04/2023 23:35, spike asked:
> So how do we dial in some robustness to modern society?

Well, my answer to these types of questions is usually the same. Learn
from something that's been solving them for a few billion years: Evolution.

Robustness is almost always achieved through diversity. The more
different systems you have, the more likely that at least one of them
will survive conditions that will kill the others off. Monocultures are
inevitable deadly, sooner or later. Why do you think there are so damned
many species?

Ben