[ExI] another open letter, but this one may be smarter than the previous one

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 20:55:56 UTC 2023

On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 11:52 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <

> What a terrifying time to be alive.  I don't see a plausible scenario
>> where this all doesn't lead to unbelievable amounts of suffering (of both
>> biological and machine consciousness.)
>>

> Yes, if we aren't careful and if we don't treat these early systems with
> respect, something like this nightmare scenario could easily happen:
> https://qntm.org/mmacevedo

Ha, if we manage to even get there I'll be surprised.   Sorry to be such a
doomer.  It is just scary to see people playing around with such grave
ontological concepts as if they're just the next killer app.  Unbridled
technocratic competition is going to kill us all