[ExI] Ben Goertzel on Large Language Models

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 19:15:52 UTC 2023

Hi Jason,
I've gone over the difference between composite and elemental qualities
before but evidently you missed it.
Or is that different?
We don't experience redness standalone it is always computationally bound
with lots of other information. Information like how sweet a red strawberry
will taste and other memories.
Of course, one person's memories that gets bounds with redness is going to
be different than another person's memories bound to redness, but the
elemental redness itself could be the same.
If this were not the case, we could not reproduce a TV signal with a fixed
level of pixels with a fixed set of colors for each pixel, right?
I guess we are each making different predictions. It's up to the
experimentalist to prove which one is right.  I guess I'm predicting there
is an elemental quality level out of which all possible composite visual
experiences can be composed.  You are predicting otherwise.  If science
verifies my hypothesis to be true, effing of the ineffable will be
possible.  Otherwise it's not approachable via science, and we will never
know?

On Sun, Apr 30, 2023, 7:49 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <