[ExI] another open letter, but this one may be smarter than the previous one

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 19:31:55 UTC 2023

On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 6:44 AM spike jones via extropy-chat

>   Some within
> the tech advanced world would survive: people who know how to live off the
> grid completely independent of society for instance.  I personally know one
> such family.  They would be OK up there.  They can grow enough food on their
> property to survive and have the mechanical means of defending it.

Spike, I really doubt it.  I did for several years grow a substantial
fraction of the food our family ate, and I can state it is hard enough
without considering defending.

For what it is worth. a major disruption such as what happened in 536
would not necessarily result in massive starvation with adequate
intervention.  People could eat lower on the food chain diverting most
of the food fed to animals.

Keith