[ExI] KISS retires and becomes an avatar band

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 12:12:26 UTC 2023

KISS exits the stage and leaves its avatar band to rock and roll all
night, forever.

The rock icons have figured out a way to keep playing after
retirement: as a virtual band created by the impresarios behind ABBA
Voyage.
By Burt Helm       02 Dec 2023

<https://www.fastcompany.com/90989900/kiss-final-concert-avatar-virtual-band-pophouse>

Quote:
It was time for their avatars—Demon, the Starchild, Catman, and
Spaceman—to take over the performance as colossal figures that,
through a combination of LED screen projection, lasers, and heavy
metal smoke and pyrotechnics, appeared three dimensional and much
larger than life.

KISS had been transfigured into that higher form: licensed
intellectual property. Their avatars could now roam into the
multiverse, the metaverse, and with any luck, some kind of an
extended run in Vegas.

Humans can do so much more in the virtual universe.
Will we eventually leave reality and make our own reality?

BillK