[ExI] [Extropolis] Just a simple question

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 15:39:46 UTC 2023

On Sun, Dec 17, 2023 at 6:46 AM William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can there be an expert in mind-uploading?  bill w

That's a lame question.  There are no experts in something that has
not yet been done.  We can from first principles describe what it will
take.  I did this back in 2007.

"This time the nanomachines didn't infiltrate her brain just to shut
it down, though they did that and reversed the mild damage from shock
and low blood flow.   The nanomachines mapped out all her neural
circuits and cell connections.  Shortly before her parents entered the
clinic the next day they tentatively restored consciousness, partly in
her brain--which was far below the temperature needed to run on its
own--and partly in the haze of nanomachines that were also simulating
input in place of her eyes and ears."