[ExI] Just a simple question

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:43:59 UTC 2023

There was a violinist named Eugene Fodor.  His technique was astounding.
He could play anything at any speed you wanted.  But he had no soul.  He
played Paganini's works at his concerts because they were difficult and
impressive.  He was just mechanical.

He could play anything but not anything well.  He got addicted to cocaine
and eventually suicided.  He knew what he was, and what he wasn't.
Expert?  No one would have claimed that he was a great violinist.  I asked
a world class violinist if what he lacked could be taught.  She said, in
essence, no way.  You have a soul for music or you don't.    bill w

On Sun, Dec 17, 2023 at 9:52 PM Mike Dougherty via extropy-chat <