[ExI] SciAm & Charlie Stross: BS

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Dec 24 13:16:26 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] SciAm & Charlie Stross: BS

Once great science journal Scientific American and once great science fiction writer Charlie Stross are deep into wokedecel B U L L S H I T these days. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/tech-billionaires-need-to-stop-trying-to-make-the-science-fiction-they-grew-up-on-real/

Charlie Stross wrote:

It’s a worryingly accurate summary of the situation in Silicon Valley right now: the billionaires behind the steering wheel have mistaken cautionary tales and entertainments for a road map, and we’re trapped in the passenger seat. Let’s hope there isn’t a cliff in front of us.

Clearly modern politicians think of Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty Four as a road map rather than a cautionary tale.  Given the choice between the two classes of people for leadership, I take the technocrats.