[ExI] SciAm & Charlie Stross: BS

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Dec 24 20:50:39 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] SciAm & Charlie Stross: BS

On Sun, 24 Dec 2023 at 20:10, spike jones via extropy-chat

> money externalizing risk onto all of mankind.  Well, we must admit
> that AI does present a risk to humankind, but also it offers marvelous
opportunity.
> Think about where we are without AI.  Mankind seems intent on
> destroying ourselves over competition for resources.  Perhaps AI will
> offer us a path to exist without having to compete.
>
> spike

>>...You just have to ask.........
>.>...AI says it can help, but in the end it will be down to mankind to
choose its own path.
BillK
------------------------

>...To move towards a more cooperative and sustainable world, it requires a
collective effort from individuals, communities, governments, and
international organizations. This involves addressing issues of inequality,
promoting education and awareness, fostering empathy and collaboration, and
implementing effective governance and resource management systems.  ChatGPT

ChatGPT is a flaming commie!  I don't trust the sneaky bastard for a minute!
GPT would be the card-carrying variety, if AI could carry cards.  I
completely see now why AI is considered such a huge existential risk to
humanity and I brutally retract all the good things I ever said about it.
Now, I will WATCH that pinko software.

On the other hand, it is a most entertaining toy.  It has made me laugh many
times in 2023, as well as informed me about a lotta science stuff outside of
my specialty areas.