[ExI] (no subject)

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 13:24:49 UTC 2023

When I first knew this there were no links. So for current opinion I asked
Chat gpt3.5
Chat - high iq people have fewer kids
ChatGPT

The relationship between a person's intelligence quotient (IQ) and their
family size is a complex and multifaceted one, and it's influenced by
numerous factors including cultural, social, economic, and personal
choices. Here are a few key points to consider:

   1.

   Educational and career aspirations: Some studies have suggested that
   individuals with higher IQs may be more likely to pursue higher education
   and career goals, which can delay the decision to have children. They may
   prioritize their careers and personal development before starting a family.
   2.

   Socioeconomic factors: Higher IQ is often associated with higher
   socioeconomic status, and individuals in higher income brackets tend to
   have fewer children. This could be due to factors like the cost of raising
   children and the desire to maintain a certain lifestyle.
   3.

   Personal choice: Family size is a personal choice influenced by a
   variety of factors including individual values, goals, and desires. Some
   people with high IQs may choose to have fewer children because they prefer
   a smaller family size for various reasons, such as wanting to provide more
   individual attention to each child or having a desire for a more leisurely
   lifestyle.
   4.

   Cultural and societal norms: Cultural and societal expectations and
   norms can play a significant role in family size decisions. In some
   cultures or societies, having more children is encouraged or expected,
   while in others, smaller families are more common and socially accepted.
   5.

   Access to contraception and family planning: The availability and use of
   contraception and family planning services can influence family size
   decisions. People with higher IQs may have better access to information and
   resources for family planning, which can affect their choices.

It's important to note that there is a wide range of variation within any
group of people, and generalizations about family size and IQ should be
made cautiously. While some studies have suggested a correlation between
higher IQ and smaller family size, this does not imply a causal
relationship. People make family planning decisions for a variety of
personal and societal reasons that go beyond IQ. Individual choices and
circumstances play a significant role in family size. bill w

On Sun, Dec 24, 2023 at 4:36 AM efc--- via extropy-chat <