[ExI] A Paranormal Prediction

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Dec 31 11:12:19 UTC 2023

As John K Clark has been banished from this list, and I feel that his
annual paranormal prediction is an important message for all those who
consider themselves to be rational, I'm posting this in his place. The
message shouldn't be necessary, but sadly, it still is, for the
seventeenth year running:

===========================

One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.

=============

==============

[...]

Happy New Year all.

I predict that a paper reporting positive psi results will NOT appear in
Nature or Science in the next year. This may seem an outrageous
prediction, after all psi is hardly a rare phenomena, millions of people
with no training have managed to observe it, or claim they have. And I
am sure the good people at Nature and Science would want to say
something about this very important and obvious part of our natural
world if they could, but I predict they will be unable to find anything
interesting to say about it.You might think my prediction is crazy, like
saying a waitress with an eighth grade education in Duluth Minnesota can
regularly observe the Higgs boson with no difficulty but the highly
trained Physicists at CERN in Switzerland cannot. Nevertheless I am
confident my prediction is true because my ghostly spirit guide Mohammad
Duntoldme spoke to me about it in a dream.

PS: I am also confident I can make this very same prediction one year
from today.

     John K Clark