[ExI] bond villain?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Feb 1 05:32:00 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] bond villain?

>…Project Veritas is a well-documented liar.  This would appear to be just the latest of their attempts.  A quick google finds multiple debunkings of their video claiming that Pfizer was responsible for COVID.

>…You should know better than to fall for their content….

Indeed, I am seeing that Pfizer is denying they have ever heard of this  guy.

OK good.  I vaguely fear Pfizer will be retracting that denial soon, but regardless of whether this particular goofball is the real thing, he has revealed a potential threat to humanity.  Adrian you are perhaps our best local authority on viruses.  How difficult would it be for someone to breed bats in something like a shipping container or barn or even a good sized basement, perform directed evolution using just one person?  I am imagining the experiment would be disturbingly easy, perhaps enough for a single person to do it.

It would be nearly impossible to detect.  Note that I am not suggesting the bad guy would do it for money or to develop a vaccine: that really would be difficult.  But to breed a planet killer wouldn’t be that hard perhaps (oh dear evolution have mercy.)

So… motivation?  How about those who believe humanity is evil, a scourge, cancer on Gaia, that sorta thing, a radical environmentalist who will cheerfully attempt to slay humanity.  Or… a landowning food stockpiling survivalist who believes she can kill most of humanity, then rule the planet with the few surviving… survivalists.  Or a human-hating psychopath.  Or… what?

Adrian, could this be done by one mega-evil person?