[ExI] bond villain?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Feb 1 19:40:32 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

>… erase entire Ukrainian villages?  This, and partial efforts toward this, are among their more infamous war crimes.  Imagine the same thing done by a small army of drones, operating off some mothership well camouflaged against aerial and satellite detection that recharges them and supplies them with bullets (either manufacturing them or meeting up with resupply), crawling through rural areas to empty out town after town (and hitting the occasional truck convoy or train), crippling the agricultural infrastructure keeping more-defensible cities fed…. Adrian

Such as this?

(19) H0W_THlNGS_W0RK on Twitter:  <https://twitter.com/HowThingsWork_/status/1619397301092626432> "Perfectly Synced AI Dogs. We've seen these introcuced to many industries over the past few years including farming, private security firms & even national police forces. https://t.co/YDYYk64W8m" / Twitter

Adrian I get your message and I agree, there is plenty of justification for optimism.  I contacted a biology hipster friend who agreed that directed evolution can be done by anyone, but he had another spin on it: this isn’t that new.  Directed evolution was available before now, and was known long before now.  In his opinion, it is as likely an explanation for covid as a lab leak, with both theories being far more likely than natural origin.

Stand by, for I suspect a year from now we will know a lot more about a lotta things than we do now.