[ExI] canonizer of sorts

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Feb 15 04:58:31 UTC 2023

I have never made a comment on Brent's notion of a canonizer that I can
recall, but something occurred to me today.  AncestryDNA created something
like a canonizer as an offspring of their DNA project.  That project allowed
people to construct family trees like nobody's business.  It really took off
where written records generally failed.  It was what allowed me to figure
out that an error had been made on my great great grandfather's death
certificate, which caused his mother in law to be listed as his mother on
numerous online family trees.

After the DNA evidence proved otherwise, I laboriously contacted those with
the wrong name on there and offered both the correct name along with the
story on how the error occurred.  Gradually and canon was corrected.

Now anyone can put together a biologically accurate family tree, thru the
collective effort which constructed over the last two decades, public
records and DNA evidence to prove it all out.

The plethora of family trees, taken as a collection, guide one into the
right answers, along with documentation and in some cases DNA evs.  This is
a kinda specialized version of Brent's more generalized concept of a
canonizer perhaps.