[ExI] The American Doorway

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Feb 17 20:15:15 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
…

>…Anecdote:  I was going into Kroger and a woman just ahead of me was approaching the door.  I stepped in front of her, put my foot on the door opener and said "Let me get that for you."

>…We shared a grin.     bill w

Billw, since the covid-19 shutdowns many of us have learned that those kinds of casual pleasant interactions between people is of value, even people who you have never met and will never meet again (such as pleasant exchanges with people while on vacation or in an area of town far from one’s home.)  During that shutdown, with the masks and social distancing, many of us came to recognize that we missed that element of life and that it is necessary to wellbeing for most of us.

We do not yet know the impact that shutdown/masking misadventure will have on the very young.