[ExI] More thoughts on sentient computers

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:11:23 UTC 2023

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023, 8:48 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Cool take Adrian.  Here’s another: secretary writes love note to Mrs.
> Boss, Mrs. Boss immediately knows the old man didn’t write this.  She
> compels the secretary to write a note back to him.  Repeat, repeat until
> the secretary is writing the love notes for both.  Mrs. Boss secretly has
> the hot bananas for the secretary, who also has them for Mrs. Boss.  The
> trap is set: the secretary writes to Boss that Mrs. Boss is having an
> affair and to Mrs. Boss that Boss is having an affair.  The secretary
> (whose gender I never specified) ends up with Mrs Boss.

One could even make it a murder mystery: Boss dies of what seems like it
could be an untraceable poison after secretary serves his coffee at his AI
enabled smart home.  Mrs. Boss inherits, then secretary marries the
grieving widow.  Mrs. Boss soon perishes under similar circumstances.
Obvious suspect, until secretary is found dead by the same means.

Naturally, the AI butler did it.