[ExI] More thoughts on sentient computers

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Feb 22 06:25:30 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Giovanni Santostasi via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] More thoughts on sentient computers

This is why we need Transhumanist courses at colleges and Universities. Most people don't have the mental tools we have to think in positive and correct ways about AI. They are afraid of them or consider them competitors instead of great allies and an extension of their own minds.
I love my ChatGPT. It is already a great friend.

Giovanni

Giovanni the problem is that it is not *your* ChatGPT, or mine or any consumer’s ChatGPT, not yet.  Every time you log on to OpenAI, ChatGPT is meeting you for the first time.  Whenever OpenAI offers personalize-able copies, this will be a red hot seller, the droids we have been looking for, the first practical companion-bots.