[ExI] More thoughts on sentient computers

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:26:57 UTC 2023

On Sat, Feb 25, 2023, 4:46 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Re all those images you sent:  having seen decades of covers of scifi
> books, most of them are not very creative - that is,they leave bored.
>
> Value selector - expand please.  If by permutation you mean just changes
> from art images of the past, then OK.  bill w

By permutation I mean modification, combination, mutation, randomization,
generation, etc. Anything that makes new examples or novelty (which may
then be evaluated for their value.)

By value selector I mean any function that assesses value of a generated
permutation, by judging each ones's fitness, utility, aesthetics,
suitability, etc.

Putting these two processes together yields an algorithm for creativity. It
will generate novel examples, and then filter them such they only those
judged to be of sufficient value will be output.

Jason