[ExI] vaccines again

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jan 4 17:12:31 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: John Klos <john at ziaspace.com>

>>... I don’t see why we need high speed rail when planes leave the major
> airports regularly.  That is why the investors didn’t come.  It will
> never pay off.

>...You're not writing to children, Spike, who can easily be tricked by stuff like this. California rail has failed and will fail because of capitalism, not because of the lack of it...

What trick?  Investors didn't want this project, so the state of California offered a bond measure.  Then within a few minutes after it passed, they doubled the price tag, then didn't offer a new vote.  That is political malpractice and yet another reason why governments should not play in this game.

Investors still don't want this, for reasons easy to see: trains introduce danger from fellow passengers and have all the disadvantages of planes, but are slower, even the high-speed ones.