[ExI] The Tragedy of the 'Unmanaged' Commons

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:42:07 UTC 2023

Some of us have noticed that the people who manage to get themselves
appointed to "manage the commons" -  "for the good of humanity", of course
- have somehow always managed to build themselves vast fortunes and
absolute sovereign power in the process.

The better alternative that has not yet been tried is maybe not letting
them do that. This is made admittedly difficult by the fact that they also
always (somehow!) end up surrounding themselves with large numbers of rough
people with pointy sticks. It's a pattern you tend to notice with these
things.

A strategy to deal with this is still being formulated.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 8:30 AM BillK via extropy-chat <