[ExI] The Tragedy of the 'Unmanaged' Commons

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jan 5 15:49:47 UTC 2023

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] The Tragedy of the 'Unmanaged' Commons

>...The discussion between John and Spike really revolves around the famous
Tragedy of the Commons...

BillK, that's a new one on me.  I don't recall any discussion of any
tragedies, commons or otherwise.  When did that happen?  My discussion with
John was about a high speed rail in California, but that doesn't cross any
commons.  It crosses property owned by people who don't want to sell it, or
if so, they want so much money they won't need to worry about a thing for
their entire lives, nor will their children or grandchildren.

>... Spike has managed to give John the impression that he believes that
anything is allowed if there is a profit to be made... BillK

Allowed?  By who?  Is there someone or some organization which owns the
commons?  Do explain please.