[ExI] Peer review reviewed AND Detecting ChatGPT texts

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:20:49 UTC 2023

That isn’t entirely fair to ChatGPT. The system reads in tokens rather than individual characters so ChatGPT doesn’t actually “see" individual characters. Tokens are sometimes whole words or parts of words, but are not usually single letters. Another issue is that ChatGPT is allowed only a finite time window to answer. It doesn’t get to ponder indefinitely as a human would before answering. It may perform better if you give it several iterations.