[ExI] [Extropolis] test this idea

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:36:45 UTC 2023

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_problem_of_consciousness

See also (hilariously)
https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/fsDz6HieZJBu54Yes/zombies-the-movie

It turns out that it's impossible to distinguish between normal people and
p-zombies, /unless/ they're talking about consciousness: P-zombies write
off the hard problem of consciousness as meaningless syllables.

I dunno about y'all, but when I introspect on my consciousness, there's
things there that are an ontologically different kind of thing than calcium
ions bouncing from one side to the other of a lipid membrane.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 12:52 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <