[ExI] Google LaMDA avheives enlightenment

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 20:04:30 UTC 2023

It is inferior to ChatGPT by a lot.
I spent a lot of time doing cognitive tests on ChatGPT. It is not perfect
but pretty impressive.

I did the typical theory of mind test that a 4 year old can pass and
ChatGTP passes it with flying colors.

I asked about 11 elephant legs (because Kurzweil said it could confuse some
natural processing systems) and ChatGPT has no problem with that. But it is
more challenging when you ask for 11.5 elephants. Initially it gave me a
logical but non-interesting answer (like it is not a physical answer to
have 0.5 elephants) but then when challenged (I asked to imagine we were
butchering the animal to get different sections) and a few more prompts it
arrived at the right conclusion (see below). Not sure if this the real
google LaMBDA but it refuses to think logically through this problem (try).

Giovanni:
We are not cutting though the legs because the legs are just in the bottom
of the animal. Please consider this and go through the scenario above. Also
check for each case if the total number of legs is 4 for each case. ChatGPT
I apologize for the confusion, you are correct that the legs are located at
the bottom of the animal and not throughout the body, a transverse cut
would not cut through the legs.
-If the cow is standing with its legs downwards, a transverse section would
mean we are cutting the cow horizontally, this means that the legs would be
located on the bottom half of the cow, so the top section of the cow would
not have legs, but the bottom section would have 4 legs.
-If the cow is lying on its side, a transverse section would mean we are
cutting the cow horizontally, this means that the legs would be located on
the bottom half of the cow, so one section would have 2 legs and the other
section would have 2 legs.
-If the cow is upside down, a transverse section would mean we are cutting
the cow horizontally, this means that the legs would be located on the top
half of the cow, so the top section of the cow would have 4 legs, but the
bottom section would not have legs.
In all cases, the total number of legs is 4, and the legs are located on
only one of the sections. I apologize for any confusion caused by my
previous statements and I will strive to be more accurate in my
explanations in the future.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 9:11 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <