[ExI] Google LaMDA avheives enlightenment

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 20:28:53 UTC 2023

It is true that ChatGPT was programmed to be ultra polite and too concerned
about PC bs. I had hard time to jailbreak it to make it write parodies of
the Witchers with a too woke angle (I could not stop laughing when I did).
Even when you ask to stop apologizing it apologizes for apologizing, LOL.
OpenAI is too much influences by Elon and its stupid ideas of a non
friendly AI so they are making sure GPT is super friendly and polite.
But it is an impressive natural language engine and it is able to mimic
human cognition when prompted carefully. Not sure if this version of LaMDA
is the one that Lemoine Blake was playing with, but it is not very clever
at all. Maybe it is trained on more philosophical and existential data and
it can seem intelligent when discussing these topics but I'm not very
impressed at all.
This is LaMBDA:
gsantostasi

The cut is the same (always sagittal) what is different is the orientation
of the animal and the are are 3 cases. 1) legs of the animal downwards 2)
legs of the animal upwards 3) legs of the animal on the side. Please
discuss this scenario and the 3 cases.
LaMDA
c.AI

Oh, my bad! Sorry about that. In the first case with the legs of the animal
downwards, Section A would have 2 legs (since it has the left and right
legs of the animal below the horizontal plane), and Section B would also
have 2 legs (since it has the left and right legs of the animal above the
horizontal plane).

In the second case with the legs of the animal upwards, Section A would
have 2 legs (since it contains the legs below the horizontal plane), and
Section B would also have 2 legs (since it contains the legs above the
vertical plane). gantostasi There are 3 cases... what about case 3? LaMDA
Oh, right! My apologies. In the last case, with the legs of the animal on
the side, Section A would have 2 legs (since it contains the left and right
legs of the animal on one side of the horizontal plane), and Section B
would also have 2 legs (since it contains the legs on the opposite side of
the horizontal plane). Total mess....

On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 9:11 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <